FREE Hay Testing at the 2013 Midwest Horse Fair
Hay is the foundation of a good nutrition program, but horse owners are often left to the sight, smell and touch of hay to “make general assumptions” about its quality. Nutrena believes that you don’t need to be left “guessing” when making important grain & supplement choices for your trusted companion or equine athlete. Take advantage of our complimentary hay testing offer at the 2012 Midwest Horse Fair & start maximizing your horse’s nutrition program today!
Why is hay testing so important?
- Hay is the foundation of the diet & provides 50-90% of the horse’s total nutrients
- Protein & fiber values are an important factor in balancing the equine diet- and these values will vary widely by state, county, field and cutting.
- Needed to calculate digestible energy (DE) and calorie content in your hay.
- Balancing your horse’s diet - “what’s in your hay” should be telling you what feed and/or supplements to be using!
For more information on the importance and roles of hay and pasture in a horse feed diet, visit our Horse Feed Blog.
The Midwest Horse Fair is being held April 19-21, 2013 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI.
Visit Nutrena in Booth #4008 throughout the Midwest Horse Fair weekend!
- Bring along with your hay sample for hay test results WHILE YOU WAIT! Limit (1) sample per customer, please.
- Visit with Nutrena Equine Consultants to get answers to all your feeding questions.
Seminar schedule for Nutrena Hall:
Hay Replacement Solutions: Balancing the Diet in Drought Conditions
- Friday 12:30 PM - Nutrena SafeChoice Room
- Saturday 1:00 PM - Nutrena Empower Room
How Does Your Feed Stack Up: What's on the Tag & in the Bag?
- Friday 4:00 PM - Nutrena Empower Room
- Sunday 10:30 AM - Nutrena SafeChoice Room
Feed or Supplements: What to Scoop?
- Saturday 10:00 AM - Nutrena SafeChoice Room
Backyard Chickens & Horses: The Many Benefits of Adding a "Flock" to Your Herd
- Friday 2:00 PM - Nutrena Senior Room
- Saturday 5:00 PM - Nutrena SafeChoice Room
If you have any other questions about collecting your hay sample or Nutrena’s FREE hay testing, feel free to call us directly at 877-394-4771.