NatureWise® Goat Feed
- Highly palatable to encourage rapid intake and growth of early-weaned kids.
- Balanced energy and protein to aid in optimum growth.
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals to help provide the nutrients needed for growth.
- Limited copper to help minimize risk of copper toxicity.
- Complete feed that can be fed as the sole ration or with limited roughage for the entire life of the kid; or as a protein and energy feed for breeding or lactating does.
Before You Feed
- Feed by weight—not by volume.
- Weigh the feed in the container you will be using and subtract the weight of the container.
- Start kids at a rate of 1% of bodyweight per head per day (approx. 1/4 lb.).
- Gradually increase to 3% of bodyweight per head per day (approx. 3/4 lb.) over a period of 2 to 3 weeks.
- Feed free-choice hay to start and reduce hay as kids come on feed.
- Feed breeding or lactating goats to maintain desired body condition. Offer 1 lb. per 3 to 4 lbs. of milk produced.
- Feed to growing/finishing kids as the sole ration.
- Introduce gradually to newly weaned kids or those that have not been on high energy rations.
- Limited hay (1/4 to 1/2 lb. per head per day) may be fed.
- Salt should be available free choice.
- Appropriate mineral may be offered to breeding and lactating goats.
- Have clean, fresh water available at all times.