PorkTrack® For Sows
Today’s sows require sound nutrition to keep pace with their potential for improved productivity. Significant changes throughout the reproductive cycle from gestation to lactation can lead to stress if animals are not fed or managed properly. Successfully managing this stress requires the best nutrition, backed by the best innovative research.
Nutrena’s PorkTrack® for Sows is a pelleted feed, specially formulated to meet the sow’s complete nutrient requirements for large litters and/or reduced feed intake. Every bag of PorkTrack® for Sows comes with a unique combination of nutrients to give your sows a nutritional edge.
- Balanced amino acids supply the right amino acid levels and ratios for optimal performance.
- Dietary energy supports piglet development and milk production, given the net energy supplied from ingredient sources rich in carbohydrate or fat energy.
- Nutrient-dense formulation provides for limited intakes that may be associated with environmental stress factors.
- Added vitamins support prolific sow production in terms of pigs per litter and litters per sow per year.
- Added trace minerals lead to proper pig development in utero and efficient breeding of sows.
- Feed PorkTrack® for Sows as the sole ration during sow gestation and/or lactation. For each reproductive cycle, the feeding period for PorkTrack® for Sows should be no more than 150 days.
- Begin feeding PorkTrack® for Sows 10 to 14 days prior to breeding and continue through lactation. During lactation, intake should be gradually increased to support milk production and pig growth.
- Follow the feeding table outlined below and adjust feed amounts based on the sows condition. If you need help, ask your local Nutrena dealer for guidance on condition scoring.
|Reproductive Phase||Value Phase||Days on Feed||Suggested Feed Per Animal Per Day|
|Before Breeding||Big Litter||10 - 14 days||Full Feed|
|After Breeding||Economy||92 days||4 - 7 lbs*
(1.8 - 3.2 kg)*
|Before Farrowing||Big Pig||21 days||5 - 9 lbs*
(2.3 - 4.1 kg)*
|During Lactation||Pig Growth||18 - 28 days||Full Feed|
*Adjust feed amount to achieve desired condition.